Friday, August 12, 2011

It's back!

After three months of sitting around all day, we finally have something to look forward to on the weekends. Yes, that's right people, the Premierhship is back. I'm sure like everyone else, I think this definitely has the potential to be the best yet, I know it's said before the kick-off of every season, but I really do.

The title race will be closer than ever as Chelsea, Man City, and for me, Liverpool, will all be in with at least a shout of knocking off Man United of their  pedestal. Unfortunately for Arsenal fans, they simply won't be good enough unless players are brought in over the next 19 days.

Eventually I think Liverpool will fade away from the title race and will be competing with Arsenal and Tottenham for the coveted fourth spot. Like the past two seasons, this is bound to go to the very wire and making a prediction is simply too difficult.

As for the relegation battle, many teams could be involved with less than six points separating numerous clubs for countless weeks. As we saw with Birmingham last season. Poor form heading into the end of the season proved to be very costly. I can't see any of the newly promoted teams being relatively comfortable for the majority of the season. But QPR do have the potential to cause huge upsets.

So I am going to put my neck on the line and say that Man United will win the league and that Wigan, Swansea and Norwich will be packing their bags and heading to the Championship unfortunately.

But I'm curious to see what you think. Who will win the league and who will go down?

I would love to hear any comments you may have.

Why not join the Football Team Talk fantasy league on premierleague.com. The winner will receive a jersey of his/her choice and the more participants, the more prizes so invite your mates as well. The code you will need is: 1229432-312133 

No comments:

Post a Comment