Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Does Sepp Blatter Have In Store For Us

Today was a sad day for football in many ways. No I'm not talking about Gerard Houllier resigning or even the thought that era of Scholes, Beckham, Neville etc. is finally over. No, of course I am speaking about the re-election of Sepp Blatter as FIFA president.

Now I think it's fair to say that Blatter hasn't won a lot of fans, not only from the public but also people involved in the game. The refusal of goal-line technology and the controversy surrounding the decision of who to host both the 2018 World Cup and 2022 World Cup.

The FA wanted the election to be postponed amid the criticism that FIFA has been under which has left a dark cloud hanging over the its headquarters in Zurich. They also didn't want an election to go ahead because bizarrely, Blatter wasn't up against anyone. Now Blatter has come under a bit more scrutiny then he perhaps deserves but I think the election of anyone else involved in football would have been just fine with anyone associated with the beautiful game.

I think someone does need to give him assistance because obviously he can't make his own decisions. I can't see how it can be made more clearer that goal-line technology is needed. He made a fool of himself when Lampard's goal at the World Cup did not stand even though it was a solid yard over the line and week after week it is happeneing and the referee's are the one's who are getting slated in the press. As for the World Cup decision, I think I've said enough.

I would love to hear any comments you may have.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter (@n_dj_walsh) or click the "like" button on the Football Team Talk facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment